Monday, August 1, 2011

GOETTA!

Goettafest is right around the corner, and since I've neglected this little bloggy the past couple weeks, I thought I would take the time to write a GOOD update and tell about a Cincinnati fave: goetta!

This amazingness is goetta:



Wikipedia:  "Goetta is a breakfast sausage of likely German-American origin that is popular in the greater Cincinnati area. It is primarily composed of ground meat (pork, or pork and beef) and steel-cut oats. Pronounced gétt-aa, ged-da or get-uh Americanized pronunciation, this dish probably originated with German settlers from the northwestern regions of Oldenburg, Hannover, and Westphalia who emigrated to the Cincinnati area in the 19th century. The word "Goetta" comes from the Low German word götte. However, some believe that goetta originated as a haggis substitute, brought to Ohio via Scots-Irish migrants by way of Kentucky."

All I can say is... it is a thing of deliciousness :D

This weekend is Goettafest!


Goettafest is an awesome experience. They have games, music, and of course... GOETTA! All you can eat in any style you can imagine.


All I can say is... I can't wait! Hope to see you there!

Show me love! <3

~^~@ Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment